Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Betfred Sprint Cup - Haydock Saturday 2 Sept

As you know I put my racing tips up on:

www.escorialracing.co.uk

However, I don't put my ante post bets up there, so I thought I'd try to put more of those up on here. This week I've had a look at the major race at Haydock this Saturday.

Reverence is solid, as is Ifraaj (though a likely non runner). Amadeus Wolf at an early 6s is tempting, especially if Ifraaj is a non runner, but as usual I've cast around for a couple of longer shots.

Miss Sally has a bit to find, but should love the conditions, and looks far too big to me. Somnus loves this race and has every chance of yet again running into the frame. Ladbrokes go 14s so the bigger prices are tempting. It's not an ew race really but I've gone ew anyway.

Miss Sally 1.5pts ew at 40/1
Somnus 1.5pts ew at 25/1

1 comment:

  1. Miss Sally went off around 14/1s and Somnus about 8ish - so regardless of the result you can't complain about those two pieces of advice!!

    Actually by the morning of the race I had come around to Reverence, particuarly given the draw and pace scenario. Didn't back him though exceptin losing forecasts.

    Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete