Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday 13th November

I'm only interested in the Mackeson today:

And for me two horses stand out on price this morning. Neither of them surprising to regulars.

Firstly, Pigeon Island at 22/1 ew first 5 places, or longer win only on betfair.
Pigeon Island landed us a small fortune in March, as the second leg of a double with Imperial Commander. So I'm hardly likely to abandon him now. As then, the key to him is a fast pace over this course, where he can sit at the back and pounce late. The trip doesn't bother me, and the light weight is a big bonus for a small horse. Admittedly he jumps pretty terribly, which is a worry for each way backing, but the price more than compensates for that.

I'm backing him up with Little Josh. He ran a cracker against Weird Al the other week, and we know how highly I regard him. There's tons of pace in this race on paper, which is going to be a problem for him, and I don't see him as an each way proposition. Better to grab some of the late 30s on betfair, and I'd suggest putting up a lay to recover the stake and a bit more, at an ungreedy price - 7s say.

Something like:
Pigeon Island £50 win/£25 place at 22/1 - first 5 places
Little Josh £25 win at 30ish
£2.50 reverse forecast the two.
£10 double Pigeon Island/Manyriverstocross (Greatwood hurdle tomorrow) returns £1600
£5 double Little Josh/Manyriverstocross (returns c. £1000)
£10 treble Pigeon Island/Manyriverstocross/Weird AL (Hennessey) returns £10000+


Be lucky...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:54 PM

    "Thats what I,m talking about"- top man Toots -Cheers Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Jonah - nice free bet on the Greatwood tomorrow and all. Shame the Pigeon ran so badly but Little Josh paid a big compliment to Weird Al there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday - I'm not going in again - I'll let Manyriverstocross do his best with our free bet on him.

    Everton look a bit big at 9/4. Captain Chris and Forpaddyderplasterer solid enough faves. None of them at the sort of working man's price this blog is now interested in. Roll them all up in a twenty quid acca or something...

    ReplyDelete