Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday 27th November

What a great race the Hennessey promises to be.

I cheered Denman all up the straight last year without even having had a bet on him, so I'd be delighted for the three timer. But he's more like an 8/1 shot in my book. This despite the fact he could have blown this field apart by the time they reach the cross fence. It'll be particularly interesting to see which of the young pretenders can go the gallop and still jump soundly.

Weird Al's been in my cyber-stable since his first outing, so I'm feeling a bit like a nervous owner myself this morning. The price isn't value, but I've always believed in having a couple of horses to follow blindly, and I'll be betting with my heart on this one.

On price I keep coming back to the horses proven in grade one company, running off such low weights. Madison Du Berlais and Neptune Collonges have both dropped in the ratings and a return to form has to put them in the mix. But the one I've looked at all week is Taranis. He won this blog a fortune a few years ago as the middle leg of a treble when winning the Ryanair, so there's a little love in there, but if he travels and stays as well as he did last time out, he has to have a better chance than the prices.

So:

£60 Weird Al at 7/1 (and may drift badly this afternoon)
£30 Taranis (I'm on at 14/1+ but 12/1 still fair).
£3.50 rev exacta Taranis/Neptune Collonges
50p combination trifecta the above three.

And to get rich quick how about:
£10 Stormy Weather/Taranis/Just Smudge returns £17000+




.

No comments:

Post a Comment