Friday, September 30, 2011

Scotland v England

Long-time readers, those who remember the good years, not the Saturday Gambler years I'm reduced to, will know that my key betting question is why might the odds be wrong.

And one of those is blind patriotism, and tomorrow morning's Scotland/England showdowns is one where the prices are just wrong. No doubt England are the stronger team, and should ease their way to the semi-finals, but not at 1.2 Somewhere between 1.4 and 1.5 maybe.

They've spent a decade scraping through matches on Wilkinson's boot and not even that is guaranteed tomorrow, nor is their ability to play the referee. The price is further skewed by the notion that Scotland will have to play loose to win by 8 points, but that's white noise adding another point to an already generous handicap.

If I was still a pro I'd be playing +10.5 for profit and Scotland at 6s for glory. Of course, as we know I'm no longer a pro...



Be lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment