Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Lexus Chase - Leopardstown

Wednesday 28th December:

Lexus Chase - 2:35 leopardstown:

Beef or Salmon 5/4
War of Attrition 3/1
Hedgehunter 6/1

Some horses seem to win every time you oppose them and lose every time you back them. The first time this happened to me it was with Red Rum as a child. I backed Churchtown Boy and Crisp to be second and backed Red Rum the times he placed instead of won. In fact, with due respect, I hated the horse!

In later years Persian Punch was the same.

However, there are other horses who have the blessing to win when the money's down and lose when it's not.
Sergeant Cecil, Atavus, and Bradbury Star my own perfect examples.

Beef or Salmon is one of my good guys. That is, I've never actually backed the horse, but so far he's always lost when I've wanted him to. Today, though, is the biggest test. This is his race. I wouldn't usually oppose him in it. However, Hedgehunter has been nibbled at in the Gold Cup ante post markets for weeks now. If there's any substance then today he has to show it. Plus, there's every chance he could get a soft lead and jump them silly.

Hedgehunter 10pts win at 9/1 (guaranteed).

No comments:

Post a Comment