Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Grand National - ante post

I seem to have a pretty full portfolio here already. However, I looked at the race afresh after yesterday's declaration stage, and found it relatively easy to whittle the field down. Here's the tissue I idly came up with - going a very conservative 50%ish on my shortlist.


Clan Royal 12/1
Sir Rembrandt 14/1
Garvivonian 14/1
Numbersixvalverde 14/1
Jack High 14/1
Hedgehunter 20/1
Cornish rebel 20/1
Innox 20/1
Lord of Illusion 25/1


The Irish trio nestling at the bottom of the handicap really stand out. I'd take them all whilst the prices survive.


Garvivonian 4pts win at 33/1
Jack High 4pts win at 25/1
Numbersixvalverde 4pts win at 16/1

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you Gary! Its the Irish all the way. I'll add these selections to my other Ante Post Bets (Silver Birch and Clan Royal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garvivonian all the rage today. getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Job done! Numbersixvalverde wins at 11/1. Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes I did! Have a virtual beer on me Gary!

    ReplyDelete