Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cheltenham - Tuesday

I'm going to start putting my main horse racing bets up here, as well as escorialracing, where you can also get my tissue. It's my start of the jumps season today.

Cheltenham 2:45
Backstage 6pts win at 15/2
(that looks a mighty weight allowance, and priced at 9/2 against the two big stables)

Cheltenham 4:30
Sento 6pts win at 16/1
(will wait to check doesn't get upset in prelims, and obviously priced up wrong at 7/1, but looks too long)

Cheltenham 5:05
Magical Legend 4pts at 6/1
(being backed, the front two look far too short, and this drop back to 2m could be the key - priced at 9/2).

And with the quarter odds concession in play, I'm throwing a get rich quick 1pt ew treble at my three 'value' horses as well.

2 comments:

  1. Backstage a nice winner to set us on our way.

    Ground went too soft for Sento who looks done till the spring, and magical legend chased too fast a pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:00 PM

    Hi Tooting, thanks for posting your thoughts here, I find it helpful to read them.I look in at Escorial now and again but I wont subscribe as although I'm sure Ron puts a lot of hard work in, I cant follow ratings blind but, it is always helpful to read thoughts such as yours. When I started betting in the early seventies I found an edge by buying Timeform Blackbooks,there was so much less information about then, now finding an edge is much harder even though its a "golden age for punters" .
    Nowadays I dont have the inclination or discipline to read acres of racing form and most of my bets now are on football where its easier to find winners but very difficult to beat the odds.Anyway thanks for your thoughts and good luck,
    Baz

    ReplyDelete