Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Racing - Weds 29th November

A strange day today, with three small field chases within half an hour where I don't like the favourite. (save on the treble!)

Ayr 2:00
Wild Cane Ridge 11/8
Mister McGoldrick 7/4
Ransboro 10/3

Probably the best of the three faves, if his jumping stands up, and that is an if should Mister McGoldrick get into a rhythm. Ransboro is of course weighted down with the world's greatest jockey but adds more interest. There's very little difference between dutching the two or laying the fave.


Lay Wild Cane Ridge 5pts at Evens (including commission).


Ayr 2:30
Percussionist 5/4
Harmony Brig 13/8
King Revo 7/1

The notion of backing Percussionist at odds-on is very unappealing. Again could simply be a layer, but I think at the prices I'll chance the fitness of Harmony Brig.


Harmony Brig 5pts win at 2/1

Plumpton 2:10
Avitta 13/8
My World 2/1
Alphabetical 7/1
Premier Estate 7/1

Another horse who I'd have down as ungenuine trading close to odds on. Again having to chance fitness on my selection.


My World 5pts win at 5/2

1 comment:

  1. A ridiculously exciting half hour despite the small fields - pretty agonising as well. At least we end up level on day.

    ReplyDelete