Thursday, July 09, 2009

Thursday 9th July

2009 Challenge Fund (£13700)
Current stake - £120

This is my 1000th post!

I wonder what percentage of blogs ever reach that number. I'd bet it's under 1%. Thanks to those who have been looking-in all along – you've shown remarkable stamina and have withstood some pretty terrible times in amongst the good days. And thanks to those who drop me a note every now and again to remind me there are a few (deeply disturbed!) people out there actually reading.


I ended up back where I started yesterday with two winners in Goldikova and Dancourt. A worrying number of selections are running terribly though – it may be random, or it may be we've come to that change in high season where the early types are being caught up by late maturers, as well as being handicapped out of it compared to those who have flopped for various reasons.


Nmkt 1:30 – We can forgive Dhushan his last run, especially with Callan on board, but even if we do I'm not sure this would be the race for him...

Nmkt 2:00 – I like Arcano, and also Red Jazz can probably be forgiven his last run when he paid the price, trying to go with Canford Cliffs.

Nmkt 2:35 – There's loads of good horses here – god knows. Changing The Guard looks a big price (second string) and Lasso The Moon at 33/1ish is the sort of price he needs to be, to be backable (being a nutter).

Nmkt 3:10 – Duncan. Anything over 2/1 is good business. He'll be my only certain bet £120 at 5/2.


.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Congratulations on making 1000,Toots! Amazing staying power and one of the reasons you make a profit.
    Incidentally,last week there was a guy playing at Wimbledon with the surname of Sa- I was waiting for the ultimate double!
    On the golf front,I simply cannot see past Tiger for the Open.His stats last week had him in the top 10 for driving accuracy(never usually makes the top 50!),so I think he is a "cert". I say this as someone who never usually backs TW,but this is the time. Let's hope it is not a lottery like the US Open which destroyed 50% of the field in the first few hours.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. slipperytoad12:48 PM

    Congratulations though I wouldn’t call myself deeply disturbed unless it takes one to know one!

    www.slipperytoad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete