Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Wednesday 1st July


2009 Challenge Fund (£13350 – plus £420 in play)

Current stake - £120

The two horses I was interested in today are both very short and probably no bets – Contract Caterer and Swingkeel. Other than that a day of chores, hopefully fitted in around Haas and Murray.

Mid-week golf madness continues and I've dumped Kevin Na, and replaced him with my previous favourite who I've noticed at the top of the leaderboard a few times lately, and who looks very long for the French Open. May as well take Jeremy Chapman's American pick as the other half of the bet.

Mahan/Jeev Singh £20ew double.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:58 PM

    hey toots just wondering what your thoughts are on conduits chances on saturday i know u were impressed with his last run depite the penalty. and what sort of price offers value against sea the stars if any.hes 4s at the minute but do u think he'll drift once the publics money goes in nearer the off.
    cheers rw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy Haas a pleasing result, and Swingkeel. Wish I'd snapped up the 4/5 early about Contract Caterer looking at his SP!

    rw, I really liked Conduit's run in Brigadier Gerrard, giving 7lbs to Cima, in Stoute's hands etc - so back over course and distance you have to respect him (and Cima). At the time though, my notes suggest the performance was even more significant for being over too short a trip and that I think is the downside.

    At the prices right now, looking at ew options against Sea The Stars personally I'm leaning towards Archipenko at 16s.

    Not at all intending to put you off though - he's a brave, honest older horse in the hands of the master.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:57 PM

    value your opinion toots
    cheers rw

    ReplyDelete
  4. rw - unlike me, at least you'll be backing an actual runner!!

    ReplyDelete