Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Montenegro

What with travelling and the weather and all, I doubt I'll even bet on the King George and Welsh National, let alone be able to post on here.

So, my Christmas present to you all is to point out that Montenegro are still 9/1 to top their group. Which just goes to show how much I move the markets these days as I've been banging on about it since October!

They top the group, unbeaten, yet to concede, and drew with us without their best players. There's obvious "England" reasons why the price is too long - hype, liabilities, and patriotism - as well as a general disbelief that the lowest-rated country can be doing so well.

I think they should be closer to 4/1 personally (which of course makes them unlikely winners). What it is, is a good old-fashioned value bet, with the added bonus of acting as an insurance bet in case England do indeed cock up....


So, my present to myself this Christmas is another £60 Montenegro 9/1.


.

1 comment:

  1. Now 7's on BF. You must have dropped a wad into the market Toots!

    ReplyDelete