Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday 12th December

11:40 Woolcombe Folly is progressive but shouldn't really be so much shorter than I'm Delilah. The latter is of course dependent on Ferdy Murphy, so the market will probably tell you all you need to know. 9/1 guaranteed seems too big to me though.

12:45 Time for Rupert should win, but I'll let him at the price. Robo might be worth a speculative fiver at 20/1+

1:20 Very difficult race. I think Karabak is just about the best of these, but Restless Harry is the one that's probably a touch long, even with Pricewise's stamp of approval.

1:55 Prices probably about right. Master Minded hard to back these days with any confidence, but I can't plump for one to oppose him with. I like Gauvain, and Somersby, though latter seems to be in the wrong race, and excuses are running thin for my old favourite Kalahari King. Tricky.

2:30 An easy race for us. We stick with Little Josh, even though 6/1 is probably the right price, in the hope he does a Senor El Betrutti, and put a few quid on Pigeon Island at 50/1 just in case.

3:05 Cue Card gets his big test. Having backed him at 90/1 in the bumper I'm happy to let him win unbacked at 2/1!


I'll probably over-stake during the day, but £100 could look like this:

I'm Delilah £25 at 9/1
Little Josh £30 at 13/2
Pigeon Island £10 at 50/1
(and 2.50 rev forecast)

£10 ew double Somersby/Calgary Bay
£5 treble I'm Delilah/Restless Harry/Gauvain
£2.50 accas above three + Little Josh/Pigeon Island


Be lucky...

1 comment:

  1. The Henrietta Knight ew double provides a modest profit on the day.

    Too many favourites winning for us to prosper though.

    ReplyDelete