Saturday, December 18, 2010

Strictly Come Dancing

There's not much else to get stuck into today!

Midweek Matt Baker was 6/4 to win. In the good old days I'd have been amassing the tanks and going all in. This Wednesday I scraped together the last £36.41 in my Betfair account. What a difference a couple of years makes.

He's now 4/5 after the Specials' Boys have got stuck in. Still, that's fair. To be honest I'd have him winning this at least 7 times out of 10 from here. Blue Peter, Countryfile and The One Show give Matt the perfect middle England profile for this show; he has a big voting advantage being the only man; and will throw in some gymnastics to get some 10s from the judges, who have been over-marking Kara and Pamela for weeks to ensure they reach the final. A "respected source" believes he got 50% of the votes last week, and if so, this is a cakewalk, not that it pays to believe too many "respected sources" when it comes to reality TV.

My only gripe about Matt is that I've been waiting all series for him to do a dance to his own song, Boney M's loving tribute "Ma, ma, ma, ma, Matt Baker..." I hope he's saving it for his victory parade....

I have Pamela for top female and I haven't given up on that either - not judging by my wife's frenzied voting last week. I wouldn't put anyone off a sneaky tenner on the straight forecast, but let's not dilute the bet here.

(Matt could drift to evens or better during the show, it may be worth keeping an eye on it. I'm on paella duty so won't bother).

Matt Baker £100 at 4/5


Be lucky...

4 comments:

  1. When the legendary Clydebank on the Betfair specials forum calls this the closest final ever in reality TV history - you know you're in deep trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that folks is why you NEVER oppose Clydebank.

    If I was still a pro I could have lost thousands tonight chasing Matt's odds - Clydebank's postings would have stopped me - at least a bit...!

    Losing £100 feels like a victory of sorts (though apologies to any followers!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Hi tooting
    The result was a shock but as long as we all stuck to our own money management rules we should have only suffered losses that were within our own comfort levels.
    Yours is one of the quality blogs that I look forward to so keep up the good work

    Anon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks anon.

    Quite right - money management is still critical, even for us part-time punters...sadly, at the moment I don't have much to manage!

    "This time next year Rodney..."

    ReplyDelete