Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday 26th Feb

Let's keep it simple today.

These two selections aren't remotely my usual sort of horses - they're both inconsistent and not in form - and so I'm also not sure why I'm going each way. The whole day could consist of watching two has-been horses being pulled up early - you've been warned. Still, one in the frame and we've saved our money.

Racing Post Chase
Not sure how much rain has fallen but I'm expecting softer ground than predicted and it may well have scuppered some of the more progressive horses, particularly Hobbs's pair. I expect Nacarat to run his usual game race and not be far away, but Razor Royale looks the one at the prices. He hasn't run too badly this year, and looks to have been targeting a repeat win here. I got 16/1 in the week, but 12s or better remains value on my tissue.


Eider Chase
Not my sort of race - slow, slow horses plodding home through the mud, with whichever horse deciding it's "travelling day" hanging on to win. Still, I kept looking at Companero. In terrible form, but nicely weighted if the blinkers wake him up. Big if, and he's weak this morning but at 20s+ to win and 6s to place worth a throw of the dice.


So, something like:
Razor Royale £25ew at 14/1
Companero £15 win at 20s+ and £15 place at 6/1
£10 ew double

and if you fancy £25000 how about a cheeky tenner fourfold
Razor Royale, Companero, West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday....!


Be lucky.

3 comments:

  1. What a game horse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Top shout again this week toots ! I have a good feeling abou the next few weeks - its our time ....believe !!Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - peaked too soon probably - football results also!

    ReplyDelete