Saturday, March 05, 2011

Saturday 5th March

One of those dull racing days before the real action unwinds. I'm not keen to fritter away all the profits I've built up over last few weeks, so will tread softly this week.

Newbury Greatwood Chase
Big Fella Thanks would be more interesting if I was able to predict whether Murphy is trying with him today. Which leaves me with Fine Parchment who we've been following for a while, and who remains feasibly handicapped. 14/1 and first four places (fingers crossed) looks ok, so let's make that the bet of the day.

The veterans chase is full of the usual dodge-pots. By the time I was finished crossing out I wasn't left with much, leaving Far More Serious as a tentative poke.

At Doncaster, Meanus Dandy comes out best on prices in a tricky race, though I'm not at all convinced he properly stays this trip. Let's hope he proves me wrong.


So, something like:
Fine Parchment £20ew at 14/1 (12s ok)
Far More Serious £10 win at 15/2
Meanus Dandy (if treble dead)£10 at 8/1
and the three in a £15 treble returning c£15000 - about time I had another 1000/1 treble!



Be lucky.

4 comments:

  1. Blackburn a big price at 5s also...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks toots. My E/W patent will pay for my meal with ere in doors tonight. I owe you .. again ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's four big-priced winners in a row - 45000/1 in fact - now that's a roll-up I'd have liked!


    Good to hear from you toad...

    ReplyDelete