Friday, March 11, 2011

Imperial Cup Sandown

Off to Crufts tomorrow. The racing is well missable with all of next week to look forward to, and no reason to go wasting money ahead of the big event.

The Imperial Cup is not a race I've ever had much success in, but given the profits of the last few weeks I felt obliged to go for another double-figure each way screamer, and my dart landed on Alarazi. The other credible challengers seemed priced on their trainers' records in this race as much as form, and 14/1 seemed a touch of value. That seems to have collapsed to 10/1 tonight - maybe Pricewise is afoot - and I haven't actually priced the race up so I can't say if 10/1 represents value. Up to you.

No get rich trebles today, but I'll be posting every day next week, so plenty of time for that. In the meantime, if you're quick, snap up the remaining 40/1 about Weird Al winning the Gold Cup. Regulars will know my feelings about this horse, and how disappointed I was after the Hennessey, but I still think he's up there with Long Run, Diamond Harry and Burton Port, and if it's time for the old greats to bow out, well it's worth a dream at that price.

So something like:
£25 ew Alarazi at 14/1 for me, below 10/1 I'd go win only.
£25 ew Weird Al, Gold Cup, 40/1 (33/1 ok).


Be lucky.

1 comment: