Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cheltenham - Thursday

Tough day yesterday. Beshabar, Rock On Ruby and Kumbeshwar were all kickings. When I was a pro obviously I watched all the key Irish races, but that study has been sadly lacking this year, and it's proving expensive. At least the staking isn't hurting!

Jewson: Bet of the day for me - Robinson Collonges was beating Wishfull Thinking giving weight, when he overjumped at Wincanton. Jumping is a worry but with Ruby to hand I think he should be much closer in price to the fave this morning.

Pertemps: Hope they keep hold of him a bit more than last year but the ground is perfect for Barwell Bridge to run another big race.

Ryanair: Impossible - doubts about the four main challengers, and indeed the rest of the field. I have a free bet on Kalahari King, so that'll do me for now, not that I like it much.

World Hurdle: Big Buck's at Evens is a mighty fine price for the big hitters. I can afford to leave it be.

Plate: The two who stand out for me are both pretty short - Quartz de Thai and Beautiful Sound - watching brief for now.

Fulke Walwyn: Mostly Bob was fancied for the RP chase before the rains came, and fell nice and early, so this could be much more likely. Also like Alderley Rover.


Something like;
£50 Robinson Collonges 7/1
£15ew Barwell Bridge 25/1
£15ew Mostly Bob 16/1
£10ew Alderley Rover 20/1
and make up some life-changing doubles/trebles to suit yourself.


Be lucky...

2 comments:

  1. Awful, awful, awful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Toots, ,3 of todays were my selections before I looked in,strange one this year ,who knows Weird things may be happening .believe!!!!Jonah

    ReplyDelete