Friday, March 18, 2011

Cheltenham - Friday

Been a bad one so far. The three bets of the day have: fallen when in last, pulled up when in last, and run like a drunkard who's just missed the last bus home.

I'm lucky today in that a lot of my bets are paid for by the doubles I have going on from Al Ferof - who must have won in a previous year so long ago it seems!

Triumph: I have a free double on Zarkander. Prefer Unaccompanied this morning so will go in again.

County: Should probably keep Alarazi onside after his bloodless win last weekend, but am looking further afield. Particularly like Soldatino for this - he loves the hill, and have a long-standing habit of backing James Fanshawe runners here so Spring Jim at 50/1 to cheer me up.

Bartlett: Have a free bet on Court in Motion, and will stick with that.

Gold Cup: Judgement day for Weird Al. And it would have to be weird to be honest. Still, if you're all on at 40/1 each way I hope we get a better run for our money this time. I have a free bet on Midnight Chase, though it's hard to think he's good enough, and at the prices this morning I'd have to say Imperial Commander looks a touch of value. His price could be down to knowledge that he's not right (much like how Hills and Lads went 3/1 early on Time for Rupert). It's possible though he's just not a public horse. Not many people backed him last year - just us! - and you'd imagine more tenners and scores going on Denman and Kauto Star for old time's sake.

Grand Annual: I have a free bet on Pigeon Island at 33/1 to repeat last year's little bit of joy, and I also like Oh Crick to roll back the years.


My new bets:
£25 win Unaccompanied
£15 ew Soldatino
£10 ew Spring Jim

Some doubles on the ones mentioned, and if need be singles on Imperial Commander and Oh Crick.


Be lucky...

1 comment:

  1. I can only apologise for a terrible week, despite the one,two in the Triumph. First losing Festival for 5 or 6 years, and I can't remember so many bets running so appallingly. That's life. Lucky I'm a fun gambler these days...!

    ReplyDelete