Saturday, March 19, 2011

Midlands National

Well, that was a tough week. The bad news is that I lost the entire bank I'd allocated to the festival. The good news is that still leaves me with a good profit for the last couple of months. That's a big compliment to this type of staking, which you won't find in any gambling textbook. It certainly worked out better than any level staking system, and if I'd been using my old "part Kelly" approach I'd have been completely banjaxed. So, that's one advantage to good old part-time Saturday Gambling, and it could easily be incorporated into a full-time gambler's approach. Food for thought for the future.

In the meantime, let's get back on the horse at Uttoxeter today. Not my favourite race but Companero reappears at a a big price again. Now, obviously he all but died on his feet three weeks ago, loaning us our Cheltenham funds, so why would we want to go to the funeral today, especially on firmer ground. Well, because he's 25/1+ again. I'm not that interested in each way this time, given he is likely to be pulled up, and will supplement the bet with a couple of other bets now the favourite has been Pricewised down to 4/1. Tricky Trickster and Nicto De Beauchene look credible darts at a price.

So, something like
£25 win Companero 25/1+ (got 30s last night)
£15 win Tricky Trickster 14/1
£10 win Nicto de Beauchene 20/1


Ireland look backable at 7/4 to beat England in the rugby - they'll relish this one last battle. Usual England pricing reasons. May even get 2s closer to kick-off!


Be lucky...

1 comment: