Saturday, February 05, 2011

Saturday 5th February

Right, I've covered Sandown so that you don't have to!

2:25 Wide open - I like Medermit, but not at the price against this lot. Captain Chris would have been a possible but for Pricewise killing the value. Hidden Keel probably isn't good enough, but he's the only one I priced up shorter than we can get.

3:00 These big field handicap hurdles aren't my thing these days. However, I do like Like A Hurricane down the bottom, on a day when Alan King's could go well. Kilcrea Kim also looks solid, as of course does the favourite. I priced Like A Hurricane at 5s, which looks a bit over the top, but that's going to be my bet of the day.

3:35 Take The Breeze looks a crazy price (whenever I say this they win easily). I'd much rather have Khachutarian or Leading Contender. That said, those two combined at around 7/4 isn't appealing either.

4:10 Alan King lands the treble with Call Me A Legend and we all go home happy. Well, it's not impossible! I don't like much else in this race, and if I need to chase to get my £100 back I could do worse than here.


As for the rest of the sport, how about three unfathomable upsets. Wolves, Italy and Scotland. I can't actually see any of them happening, let alone all three, but I could see all matches being tight for a long time. Trading opportunities, or handicap ones in the rugby for those playing at shorter odds, but us Saturday Gamblers prefer shooting for the stars, and there has to be some fun at 340/1 the treble.


So, something like:
Like A Hurricane £30 at 10/1
Like a Hurricane/Kilcrea Kim £2.50 combination exacta

Hidden Keel £15 at 10/1

Medermit/Like A Hurricane/Call Me A Legend £20 treble returns £4000+

Hidden Keel; Kilcrea Kim/Like A Hurricane; Khachaturian/Leading Contender; Call Me A Legend: - 4 x £5 fourfolds - returns £13000+

Italy/Scotland/Wolves £10 returns £3400


Be lucky...

1 comment:

  1. There was a few decent nuggets in there - none that made me any money though!

    ReplyDelete