Saturday, May 07, 2011

Victoria Cup and Lingfield Derby Trial

I was away last week and so missed the dodgems at Chester, so am no doubt richer now than I would have been!

Victoria Cup: God knows what the ground will end up like, so caution multiplied on a track where I'm already suspicious about the straight course. Of course take that attitude to flat racing and a pro just wouldn't bet at all these days - but us Saturday gamblers want the action, and that leads me to two darts. Excellent Guest looks to have solid credentials and I'd have him vying for favouritism with the front two to be honest. Shamandar gets a tentative nod also, Haggas running him in this after such along break, suggesting he's got high hopes.

The Lingfield Derby Trial has been a good race for me in the past and the complete outsider has to be of interest on price terms, even though I know nothing about him, but as the only Derby entrant and given a positive mention from Gerald Delamere this morning, I'm happy to look a fool at 11/1ish and make him the bet of the day.

I'm not sure the usual £100 weekly bet is sensible on such a wet day, but something like:

Marhaba Malyoon £40 at 11/1
Excellent Guest £25 at 16/1
Shamandar £10 at 25/1
£2.50 comb exacta the above two
Drill Sergeant £10 Swinton Hurdle 25/1 (for the hell of it)
£10 treble Marhaba/Excellent Guest/Drill Sergeant returns £50000ish...



Be lucky...

1 comment: