Thursday, February 01, 2007

Monthly Summary - Jan

That was a tough month. Next year I've determined I will stay in England for Boxing Day and New Year to keep on top of all the racing and football. Instead I'll go away in January where the racing is just terrible.

It was a very bad time to have a new year resolution about setting up an aggressive fund as well, though at least I realised that early on and tempered things.

It certainly makes the stats look impoverished and if you'll forgive me I won't drag myself through further purgatory by reproducing them in loving detail here.

Suffice to say the overall stats since blog inception now stand at overall returns of 102%. That's somewhat awry of the 110% target and would probably lead you to rightly wonder what the point is! So do I at the moment. However, and this matches Pareto's rule for those interested in such things, in my two years full-time, 80% of my profits can be accounted for by:

a) Two very large winning trebles (both at Wincanton strangely). The winning horses were all tipped here (or rather on escorial at the time) but not the trebles. I nearly always throw a point accumulator at my best selections and would recommend it for those with the bank to stand the long losing runs. Believe me, the wins more than make up for it. I also had a football five-timer, another once a season event worth shooting for.

b) An amazing Cheltenham Festival last year, mainly abetted by some outrageous ante post winners, which of course were also unaccounted on here.

c) Sergeant Cecil on his handicap spree, and backed like an old friend throughout.

On the very big down-side this is the first year I've struggled with reality TV. This used to be a cash cow, but something's changed (the power of the edit has corrupted the producers' heads I think).

Other stats:

Football for the 2007 season continues in good heart (a nice treble completed last night). 114% returns.

The jumps racing season has a lot of work to do (that treble aside). 88% returns.



2007 stats for the blog:
Out 259
In 161
62%
(told you it was a bad month!).

No comments:

Post a Comment