Thursday, February 01, 2007

Racing - Thurs 1st Feb

Wincanton 2:40
Warningcamp 9/2
Kings Signal 9/2
Basic fact 5/1
Earth Man 6/1
Ostrogoth 9/1
Anemix 11/1

My book fairly different to the market. On another day I could be persuaded to get my boots on. I have a feeling I'll wait until late and would be interested in betting either or both my front two against the Jonjo horse (step down in trip dead against) and the Nicholls first-time out this season (trainer not exactly firing in the mid-week winners). I like both my front two - I never need much encouragement to back a Lady Herries runner and Kings Signal was given far too much to do in a much harder race last time out).


Wincanton 3:10
Flying Enterprise 6/4
Trouble at Bay 3/1
Nippy des Mottes 4/1
Priors Dale 11/2

I thought Flying Enterprise should have been fave when winning for us on saturday and think he should be shorter here. Granted this is back to 2m on a quick track with little rest. On the other hand Venetia Williams has been performing wonders with horses under penalties (Maletton, Flintoff etc). Plus the horse is still top of my ratings and yet gets useful weight from Trouble at Bay here. Plus I haven't been overly impressed with with that horse or with Nippy Des Mottes. I see Trading Post have put him up as a lay, but I'll play early and if he drifts (as Flintoff did), I'll top-up late.

Flying Enterprise 6pts win at 2/1

1 comment:

  1. 2/1 against an SP of 6/4, but yet another loser. I'm cross with myself this time though as I had built my book against the middle two and with the odds having moved with me, I should have saved on Priors dale. I've never come close to sussing Lavelle's runners.

    ReplyDelete