Saturday, February 17, 2007

Racing - Saturday 17th Feb

Ascot 1:10
French Saluaie 7/1
The Real Deal 7/1
Flying Falcon 8/1
Pevensey 8/1
My Immortal 12/1
Overstrand 16/1
Slew Charm 16/1
nation State 16/1
Turtle Soup 20/1
Mahogany Blaze 25/1
Magic Sky 25/1

I'm with Pricewise here - Flying Falcon is lurking menacingly.

Flying Falcon 3pts win at 12/1


Ascot 1:45
Gungadu 4/6
Over The Creek 4/1
According to John 9/1

I think right handed will prove to be the key to Gungadu who has a hell of an engine on him. If money comes for Over the Creek I may be persuaded to back a drifting Gungadu, otherwise no bet.


Ascot 2:20
Monets Garden 6/4
Thisthatandtother 3/1
Cerium 9/1

Monets garden solid if the real horse turns up. However if Thisthatandtother gets any longer 3pts will be going his way.


Ascot 4:10
Misty Dancer 7/2
Marcel 7/2
Gentleman Jimmy 5/1
My World 10/1
Palua 20/1

A lesse of evils race really but I snaffled the early prices about Morrison's horse.

Gentleman Jimmy 3pts win at 8/1


Haydock 1:25
Labelthou 7/4
Material World 7/4
Afrad 7/1
St Matthew 11/1

A match really and I think the market is in danger of under-estimating the one-eyed mare. I'll wait but am prepared to back Material World at anything over 2s.


Haydock 2:00
Cloudy Lane 7/1
Kilbeggan Blade 8/1
GVA Ireland 8/1
Bewleys Berry 9/1
Kelami 12/1
The Outlier 12/1
Mon Mome 16/1
Kandjar Dallier 16/1
Naunton Brook 16/1
Leading Man 20/1
Heltornic 20/1
L'Aventure 25/1

No end of horses with chances. However, I was keen on Cloudy Lane mid-week and took him at 9s overnight almost certain Pricewise was going to pick him. Of today's prices GVA Ireland and Bewleys Berry both appeal, but I'll wait for now.


Haydock 4:55
Bohemian Spirit 5/2
Regal Heights 4/1
Flake 9/2
Madison Du Berlais 9/2
Calatagan 6/1

I really think Bohemian Spirit should be favourite here, not least because the rest of them look likely to cut each other's throats and that's exactly what Spirit likes. The ground is a worry though.

Bohemian Spirit 3pts win at 3/1


Wincanton 1:20
Opera Mundi 4/6
Desert Air 11/2
Ursis 11/2
All Star 9/1

My prices match the market but I can't say I'm happy with them. I certainly wouldn't want to back Opera Mundi at that price over this trip but can't get excited about the others either.


Wincanton 2:30
Lucifer Bleu 7/2
Englishtown 7/2
Black Hills 6/1
Alphabetical 11/1

Not much depth here. I had a stray point on Lucifer Bleu at 50s when he popped up on his reappearance. Whilst I fear the "bounce" (whether it exists or not!), I have to stick with him.

Lucifer Bleu 3pts win at 7/2


Wincanton 3:00
No prices but Kipsigis is in my "stable", and I'm prepared to forgive him his last run. My stable came up with a massive treble on this very day last year, and whilst I don't have a chance of repeating the feat I certainly believe it's a useful approach to have in your bag.

Kipsigis 3pts win at 8/1


Wincanton 3:30
Afsoun 11/10
Straw Bear 11/10

Match - and personally I'd lean towards Afsoun, so if he drifts...


Wincanton 4:00
Little Brick 6/4
My Will 9/4
Preacher Boy 11/2
Napolitain 9/1

All the money for Little Brick , the Grand National talking horse. I was certainly going to make him fave for this getting the weight, but the market may over-react and My Will is a rock solid performer, worth 3pts should he get too much longer.


I have priced up a couple of races at both Uttoxeter and Lingfield but not much doing early doors.

1 comment:

  1. At least Lucifer Bleu hosed up, but nothing to be cheered by.

    ReplyDelete