Saturday, February 24, 2007

Racing 24th Feb

I see Escorial has a new tissue man, and very good he is too, judging by the trailer. Far better than I've been since I left that's for sure!! I wish him well.


Kempton 2:35
Natal 7/2
Good Spirit 4/1
Ursis 4/1
Classified 7/1
Dunsfold Duke 7/1
Il Duce 11/1
Yes Sir 16/1

Tricky little affair, especially with the ground conditions. Natal does look vulnerable, Good Spirit gets a handy allowance, and Ursis jumped really well last week. However, I'll play the small stable outsider who looks a promising sort - and I imagine his price would be entirely different if trained by Nicholls.

Dunsfold Duke 3pts win at 10/1


Kempton 3:10
Lucifer Bleu 9/4
Celtic Son 5/1
Limerick Boy 5/1
Lacdoudal 12/1
Reveillez 12/1
Simon 12/1
Cornish Sett 25/1
Puntal 25/1
Without a Doubt 25/1

A very disappointing field. We've been on Lucifer Bleu the last two times at the bigger prices, and this looks a decent time to abandon him! Simon is also in our stable but would see him plugging on one-paced. I took Lacdoudal for old times sake in the week but the ground has done for him. You need a leap of faith to back Celtic Son, he's got a timeform squiggle for god's sake. Yet....today has the feeling of being the day, and I sense the stable see him as more likely than Lucifer. Probably wrong.

Celtic Son 5pts win at 8/1



Kempton 4:15
Fast Forward 2/1
Limited Edition 5/2
Made in Montot 7/1
Fork Lightning 11/1

I'll bet that the market has the front two the wrong way round.

Fast Forward 4pts at 9/4


Newcastle 3:30
Teeming Rain 5/1
Silver Knight 10/1
Lordofourown 11/1
Nil Desperandum 11/1
Datito 20/1
Chabrimal Minster 20/1
What a Native 25/1

The fave doesn't exactly scream at me, and the two good horses are going to have to lug a load of weight in unraceable ground. I have to look towards the bottom for anything with any sign of lie in them. Chabrimal may have a smidgeon of improvement left andf Datito loves heavy ground racing fresh.

Datito 3pts win at 33/1+
Chabrimal Minster 2pts win at 25/1
half pt rev fc




Newcastle 4:35

Blue Splash 4pts win at 11/8

1 comment:

  1. Blue Splash was something but another terrible week. That's 8 losing weeks in a row on the horses. Which is as bad as I can remember.

    That said, two years ago I had a similar streak from Jan to Cheltenham. And last year I also had a tough January saved by the WIncanton meeting in mid feb - which led me onto a golden festival. This time of year really seems to disagree with me, and it looks like I need to adopt a strategy in future that protects me

    ReplyDelete