Thursday, April 12, 2007

Aintree - Thursday 12th April

Aintree 2:00
Mighty Man 7/4
Inglis Drever 9/4
Black Jack Ketchum 3/1
Blazing Bailey 9/1

BJK makes the market yet again. This course is much more Mighty Man's cup of tea than Inglis Drever's. However, that looks more than factored into the available prices and yet again Inglis Drever is too big a price. I'll play now, and also may put a bid for when he gets behind in-running.

Inglis Drever 5pts win at 7/2+



Aintree 2:35
Exotic Dancer 2/1
Turpin Green 5/2
State of Play 3/1
Our Vic 8/1
My Will 16/1

The Gold Cup seemed to be run to form, these prices largely reflect that. In many ways Exotic Dancer should be much shorter. However, and despite the King George, I do think there's a large Cheltenham factor involved with the horse. Plus anyone who saw him lose to Turpin Green in the three runner race has to doubt him in a small field. State of Play likes it here but so does Turpin Green who could also get a chance to dominate this small field. Again, I'll play the prices.

Turpin Green 5pts win at 7/2


Aintree 3:10
Katchit 6/4
Punjabi 11/2
Degas Art 10/1
Grand Bleu 10/1
Tritonix 10/1
Sendani 20/1

Katchit's been good to me all year and I wouldn't want to jump ship now. On the other hand he's no price this morning. Punjabi should love it round here and can make a race of it, plus the Doumen horse and Degas Art can be competitive and the vibes are strong for Tritonix. All in all a tricky race and one I'll keep out of for now.


Aintree 4:20
Hasty Prince 7/1
Jacks Craic 7/1
Marshall hall 9/1
Andreas 10/1
Crossbow Creek 12/1
Demi Beau 12/1
Greenhope 12/1
Kit Carson 12/1

I backed Greenhope at Cheltenham when Henderson then said he wasn't ready. He ran pretty well though. I've always had a system that when you've backed one at a decent price at Cheltenham you must back them at Aintree, and it's been spectacularly kind to me over the years. The other horse to take the eye is Jacks Craic. Admittedly he's done nothing this year, but he has edged down to a decent mark and could repeat last year's victory.

Greenhope 3pts win at 30/1
Jacks Craic 3pts win at 10/1


Aintree 4:55
Liberate 2/1
Tidal bay 3/1
Wins Now 6/1
Larkwing 9/1
My Petra 16/1
Carlitos 20/1
Bedlam Boy 20/1

The front two are solid enough but unexciting. I backed Larkwing ante post for Cheltenham and can see myself playing later on.


Aintree 5:30
Burntoakboy 7/1
Kicks For Free 7/1
Laouen 7/1
Flying Falcon 11/1
Acambo 20/1
Shatbdi 20/1
Marhaba Million 20/1
Special Envoy 25/1
Into the Shadowns 25/1
Ice Tea 25/1

Tricky race. Burntoakboy won for me at cheltenham so will definitely be in the portfolio. Kicks for Free should really like this course and distance, and Flying Falcon ran an encouraging comeback race. No bet right now though.

1 comment:

  1. Tough day and to make things worse I had Pak Jak as well, and failed to hedge in-running (an annoying habit).

    ReplyDelete