Saturday, April 14, 2007

Racing - Aintree Saturday 14th April

Worst I can remember feeling Grand National morning - after two tough blank days. With loads of football as well (after a blank bank holiday monday) it could be a long day!



Aintree 4:15 - Grand National
Prices are on another posting below. Not much has changed.

I remain committed to Eurotrek. Nicholls' horses have been running poorly and that is off-putting. However, Eurotrek has had a totally different preparation to the Cheltenham horses and I'll hope that he's in different shape. Any winner early on today for the stable would be encouraging though.

Of the rest I have my usual bulging portfolio of ante post dabbles. Idle Talk could get into a nice rhythm and if Victor Chandler are still offering it you can bet him with a money back offer should he fall. Of the Irish, Point Barrow satisfies the trends boys and I keep looking at (and nibbling at - 250/1 down) Homer Wells.



Aintree 2:15
Fair Along 9/4
Dont Push It 7/2
Twist Magic 7/2
Jack The Giant 9/1

Personally I think Fair Along should be favourite here. I have had Twist Magic penned in for this race, but, again, Nicholls' Cheltenham horses have run deplorably so far, and not looked too bright according to paddock pundits.

Fair Along (like Detroit City) has to put poor runs behind him and may have done too much this season and all that. But at the prices I feel obliged to be forgiving and play.

Fair Along 5pts win at 11/4+


Aintree 2:50
Detroit City 6/4
Afsoun 7/1
Asian Maze 11/1
Jazz messenger 12/1
Gaspara 12/1
Al Eile 16/1

As with the above DC may be gone for the season. On the other hand on this season's form up to Cheltenham he's way better than these. Asian Maze has run like a dog all year though this did suit perfectly last year. Gaspara is interesting. Pipe snr must have known quite how much was in hand when topping up his pension fund and just maybe Gaspara is group material.

Detroit City 5pts win at 7/4+






1 comment:

  1. Oh well! Not of any help but I did have a modest point on Silver Birch a couple of months ago at 70/1 ("Saturday gambler" can confirm for those who must be thinking I'm a right chancer!).

    Which made me feel better after a horrid Aintree but still leaves me down on the meeting.

    Lightweights dominated, which surprises me on the ground - I've no idea where the handicapper goes from here in his attempts to get the topweights competitive!

    ReplyDelete