Wednesday, August 01, 2007

£500 Challenge - Monthly Summary

£500 Challenge – summary

I thought (now I've worked out how to stop the blog going slow when I'm drafting!) I'd summarise progress so far with the £500 challenge.

We were doing really well up to the flood, but seem to have lost our way since. There's no doubt I lost my way for a month or so with all the upsetment, upheaval and lack of broadband and satellite.

However, despite a fairly bad run on the horses right now, I'm feeling back in the game and expect normal service to be resumed, preferably sooner rather than later!

The challenge has also been compromised by the golf bets and this week's bet may be the last in that arena. Football will be back soon anyway.

Football 6 bets – 3 wins 124% returns
Racing 22 bets – 10 wins 150% returns
Golf 4 bets – 0 wins 0% returns
Overall 33 bets – 14 wins 115%

I am aiming for around a 50% strike rate on these bets, given the usual short odds and selectivity of them. 15% profit on turnoveris better than the 10% I aim for on my normal funds, but I would really expect 20% on this fund.

Early days yet. After all this is my long term capital growth retirement fund!

2 comments:

  1. I’m taking an enforced sabbatical from horse racing due to work commitments but monitoring progress from afar. Keep it going mate and lets plan on that trip to Wolverhampton when I eventually touch down in the UK..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi toad - hope it's going well.

    Yes - get in touch when you're back re wolves.

    (You'll have done well to have missed Goodwood judged by the last two days!)

    ReplyDelete