Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Weds 1 Aug - and £500 challenge

Typical Goodwood day yesterday. You just have to grin and bear if you want to play!

Goodwood 2:15
Full House 6/1
Som tala 6/1
Esprit De Corps 7/1
Commemoration Day 9/1
Afrad 16/1
Secret Ploy 16/1
Bauhaus 20/1
Great As Gold 25/1

The front two are pretty solid and I also have a liking for two of the lightweights for a tickle in Commemoration Day and Bauhaus. Minimum play for me though.


Goodwood 3:30
Excellent Art 2/1
Jeremy 7/2
Asiatic Boy 4/1
Ramonti 4/1

I'm pretty fed up with O'Brien. Today I think he's going to use team tactics again – this time going for a blistering pace. Ramonti and Asiatic Boy like to lead or be prominent, and I reckon Archipenko and Trinity College are going to put it to them early. This should set it up for Excellent Art. Or possibly Jeremy. I'd be keener on the latter if he hadn't have hung right here last year, as he did at Ascot. I plan to back both of them. But I'll wait until late as Jeremy sweated up in the paddock at Newbury. If I do bet him I'll be hoping for a late rails surge from Ryan similar to Court Masterpiece last year.


Goodwood 4:05
One to watch rather than bet. I have “improver” notes for 6 of these and it will surely be a race to follow. Malt or Mash if pushed.


Goodwood 5:40
Mutanaseb 4/1
Minority Report 5/1
Binanti 11/1
Diamond Diva 11/1
Race to the Music 25/1
Laa Rayb 25/1

Hope I'm not on tilt by here! Minority Report looks the most likely bet at current prices.



£500 Challenge

The four losing golf bets so far are responsible for robbing us of most our profits – yet here I am again. Tiger Woods is supposedly struggling/lost focus/whatever. I've always found this the best time to back him. His WGC record is remarkable and in stroke play events he's only once been out of the frame. You can just about get 4/5 on a top 5 finish and that's well in tune with the challenge's objectives.


Woods place Bridgestone £15 at 4/5

Running Total £575.24

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy. I could do without this.

    Bad decisions and bad breaks make for poor bedfellows!

    ReplyDelete