Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sat 4th Aug - Goodwood

Last chance at Goodwood (or Moodwood as my wife has christened it this week!)


Goodwood 3:20
Mandesha 7/2
Peeping Fawn 7/2
Light Shift 7/2
Nannina 9/2
Yaqeen 9/1

Mandesha supposedly not as good as last year but has the best form; Peeping Fawn should beaet Light Shift but for the course not looking perfect, and both of those have had tough races and plenty of them; Nannina great run in this last year but 10f not optimum. No-one can agree on the four – close your eyes and take your pick. I'll stick with Nannina out of loyalty if nothing else. I seem alone in thinking there are enough doubts about the big 4 to think Yaqeen has a squeak.


Goodwood 3:55
Zidane 7/1
Knot In Wood 8/1
Balthazars Gift 9/1
Borderlescott 10/1
Viking Spirit 11/1
Intepid Jack 16/1
Grantley Adams 16/1
Machinist 16/1
Fantasy believer 16/1

Another race where value hardly leaps off the page, and where loyalty kicks in – Zidane. This of course means I have to share my selections with Pricewise which led to a rather undignified scramble this morning. Been a long time since that happened – perhaps we're both on course to regain form together. Or possibly we're both on tilt together. Of the rest I really like Borderlescott's chances back in a big handicap and Grantley Adams joins him in having compelling course form. I think both are too big in the place market.


Goodwood 5:40
Peruvian Prince 3/1


Not often I only end up with one horse in a supposedly competitive race. Having backed him in the week ew at 33/1 it seems strange to be backing him at 3/1 fave, but that was a good run and this is way easier.



Frankie seems to be on the fave every race at Newmarket. I know people think this is mug punting and the prices certainly agree, but my records show that doing the obvious in such situations pays dividends – win doubles for me.








1 comment:

  1. I suppose if you're going to blast your way out of trouble at Goodwood, a 1,2 in the Stewards Cup is one of the better ways to do it!

    ReplyDelete