Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Oct 19th

I've been off doing some work for a few days. In Bradford for my sins. And that just goes to show how bad my season was. This flat season has been my worst not just since I went full-time, but since I started keeping records close on 10 years ago.


I think I already knew that my 'edge' had gone, and that I lost it at least 18 months ago, but some multiple bets and an extraordinary Cheltenham papered over the obvious.


However, the last few weeks have given me renewed vigour as I think I can see the way forward. A new edge if you like.


Unfortunately for this blog it couldn't be further away from my old style. It looks at races I wouldn't even have looked at previously, and at markets I'd never have played in. And both of these are unlikely to be of much interest to the average punter. And I also have eschewed early prices and pretty much only play late on now. Plus, the 'tissue' side of it is fairly redundant, focusing as that did on the big races (and wasn't making money!).


So, where to go with this blog? I'm inclined to kill it off – after all I don't live in Tooting anymore and won't be putting up daily tissues.


Even the £500 challenge, which got to the heady heights of £750 mid-season, crashed back down to its starting point as my summer drowned.


However, on balance, I think I'll continue with the blog. I'll carry on with the challenge, and also use this place as a repository for on-going musings on all things betting, and for giving myself the occasional talking to.

2 comments:

  1. If you still gamble, you might aswell keep the blog going.

    No rules on how often you post, so nothing to be gained killing the blog I suppose.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:07 PM

    pleased u are keepig it going Gary season has been a ashout for most best of look Jonah

    ReplyDelete