Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday October 5th

Another good day yesterday. One reason for changing my approach was that before I had many more losing days than winning ones, given the odds I was betting at. It breaks your spirit waiting for the couple of days that are going to provide the profit. The new approach will hopefully lend itself to many more winning days.


As the man who threw himself off the skyscraper said “so far so good”!


Today's potential bets.


Musselburgh 2:55
Mangham – place
. Bonny Rose looks a chancer but should place which only leaves us with one place to chase. That looks between Mangham and the Prescott horse. Prescott has a great strike-rate with his two year olds here. Have to think the horse is one for handicaps over much further next year though.


Newmarket 3:50
Crime Scene – place.
Two strongish favourites, Crime Scene, and then the race tails off. The main worry is Frankie's notorious tendency not to ride out for a place.


Hexham 4:50
Depraux – place
. The fave has a penalty and the only other obvious challenger Issaquah is first time out for a trainer not yet in form.



Football
Accrington 6/5.
Betfred out on a limb here – probably some sort of Lancastrian prejudice – happy to play when betfair are shorter – I think there are injury woes, and they're no great shakes but Wrexham have declined badly this year and were only as good as Accrington to begin with.



£500 Challenge
Muss 2:55 – Mangham £15 place at Evens or better
Nmkt 3:50 – Crime Scene £15 place at Evens
Heh 4:50 – Depraux £15 place at 5/4 or better


Running Total
£542.49

1 comment:

  1. I was due a run of 4ths!

    The only one of the £500 bets that touched a press-up price was Crime Scene, and that was the only one I actually went in again on.

    I can't think of any other way to measure them so that's how I'll do it. It leaves me open to charges of massaging figures, but I'm not sure what the point of that is on this small little blog done mainly for my own sanity!

    ReplyDelete