Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tuesday Oct 30th

It's been a busy month for moving around the country. I'm back for a couple of days before going back to London for a few more welcome hours paid work and beers with friends. Then off to Darlington to see more friends Saturday. So some sporadic postings I expect.


This is usually one of the two periods of the year I all but stop betting on the horses anyway (the period between Grand National and Guineas being the other). Indeed, we usually have our main holiday around now and were going back to Yosemite and wine country this year, but the floods put that on hold. Now my wife has given up her new job – which she hated – so we ought to guard the pennies anyway. It's not like I've been contributing much this year!


Today's racing is terrible. I'm fairly determined to do a challenge bet every day I can find anything, otherwise the blog will just fade away. So step forward What's For Tea at Wolverhampton. The trainer looks to know what he's doing at this track and is in good heart. The opposition is rubbish and I'm happy to have Hayley forcing the fractions. On the other hand she's odds-on in a claimer. I think if we do get a price we may want to get out in-running.


£500 Challenge
Wolves 2:50
What's For Tea £15 win at 11/10+

1 comment:

  1. No chance of getting the price on that one - thankfully. At what point does a suggested back actually turn into a lay though - 1.6 was a crazy price!

    ReplyDelete