Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sat 20th Oct

Thanks to slipperytoad for his company and generosity last night at Wolverhampton races. It's always a good thing to visit a course at least once – it really gives you a better idea as to the course confirmation. And since I'm now playing in the sand-pit a visit to Dunstall Park was well overdue.


Nice winner for the challenge yesterday as well.


Good racing today, but the sort of card to put me right back where I started if I'm not careful.


I don't think there's an obvious challenge horse. I do like a few long shots who could at least grab a place. So I'll share them here anyway.


Candidato Roy 2:05 Nmkt 9/1
I fancied him for that race the other week – indeed a friend backed him on the strength of a phone call to me, whilst I naturally didn't! He may be under-rated on the basis of having apparently stolen the ascot race. At least he's finishing the season fresh and on a high, not something you can say for many of these.


Mount Nelson 3:15 Nmkt 16/1
Weak this morning. Noticeable that Ladbrokes go shortest him and longest Eagle Mountain. Again the angle is freshness is a big advantage at this time of the season, and if anyone can get him into shape first time out it's that stable.


Carraciola 3:55 Nmkt 50/1
No obvious chance. I have Macorville and Dr Sharp in the bank already, and this one just keeps staring at me. Not sure why as I always oppose him on the jumps. Henderson's record at long distance flat races at grade 1 tracks stands the closest scrutiny and the place price just looks too big.


Veenwouden Nmkt 5:05 16/1
A poor race and not many with chances. Veenwouden was ridden to get the place last time, but just maybe he could have won ridden more adventurously. He's also fresh and in form.


The prices tell you how good their chances really are, but it's that sort of day.


For the challenge – how about something simple like

6 x £1ew doubles

4 x 50pew singles

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment Tooting.. An enjoyable night had by all and look forward to teaming up this winter for the All Weather season..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - let's sort this sandpit stuff out.

    Decent day today - two nice places - and the £500 challenge suddenly looks in good order!

    ReplyDelete