Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday 20th June


2009 Challenge Fund (£13900 – plus £480 in play)

Current stake - £120


Got out of jail yesterday. Those low draw forecasts have been a godsend this week!

Loads of horses today – the old fashioned small stakes/lots of races approach to this season is proving a success but I'd forgotten just how many losers you have to put up with (I went 42 races without a winner once)!

Ascot 2:30 – no obvious view. Meglio Ancora is probably underrated given the trainer – each way.

Ascot 3:05 – I can see why the prices of the front two are getting closer, but think there may be an overreaction. Of the two I'd be with Doctor Freemantle here.

Ascot 3:45 – JJ The Jet Plane respected, but I think I'm going to stick with the Greek horse.

Ascot 4:25 – forecasts on low draws obviously. However, when it comes to an actual bet I think I'd be prepared to give Kaldoun Kingdom a go – not sure there's much point going each way if the draw does scupper that side.

Ascot 5:00 – Hatton Flight, tough and genuine. Martyr good each way price.

Ascot 5:35 – Of all the horses at Newmarket today I like Amerigo best. Chester cup run a rock solid pointer for this.

I'll go £60 a race, and the same with the races below.

Notebook horses:
Ayr 2:25 Firebet
Ayr 2:55 Jargelle
(Tony Hamilton has a cracking book of rides there today – I'll also do doubles all his runners).

Nmkt 2:10 Brave echo
Nmkt 3:50 La Zamora
Ling 7:20 Coloursoftheglen.
Chuck in a treble these three, a scoop 6 and a jackpot!!

When the dust settles we'll still have had a winning week, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment