Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday 6th June

2009 Challenge Fund (£12570- £50 in play unaccounted)
Current stake - £120

That was a trying day yesterday – at least I had some of the place money on High Heeled (which I hadn't planned on doing). More satisfyingly, I stuck to my guns with the second Fanshawe horse last night, even after the major non-trying drift on his first horse, his lack of form the last fortnight, a jockey I don't trust and Escorial putting it up as a lay! Rescued the day and doesn't have me in a tiltish mood today. Which is just as well with the rain falling.

Anyway.

Derby. There's a really good thread on the betfair racing forum entitled “Schizo Derby Preview”. Really sums up what a strange race this is. You can make a case for any of 6 horses being potential superstars and at exactly the same time rubbish their chances! Where that leaves me is with the trial winners who are being allowed to go off at what look big prices, albeit some will most probably be used as sacrifical lambs, to get Sea The Stars beat. I also like the Chester race, and Debussy's form with Midday – the Oaks yesterday was run at a cracking pace.

Elsewhere, I'll play in the sprint (must be mad) where Crimson Fern looks well drawn to stay on late past tiring speedsters. And Philip Robinson trudges up to Musselburgh to ride Kings Destiny, which will give him plenty more time to reflect on pissing away his one big derby chance on Hala Bek, not that my pocket is still talking about it!

Age of Aquarius (already)
Black Bear Island £50 win at 9/1ish
Masterofthehorse £50 win at 18/1ish
Golden Sword £25ew at 40/1
Debussy £25ew at 66/1

Crimson Fern £40ew at 11/1
Kings Destiny £60 win at 3/1

Crimson Fern/Kings Destiny/Black Bear Island £10 to win £4300
Crimson Fern/Kings Destiny/Age of Aquarius £10 to win £9000
Crimson Fern/Kings Destiny/Masterofthehorse £10 to win £9000
Crimson Fern/Kings Destiny/Golden Sword £10 to win £13000







Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current fund £1500)

1 comment:

  1. A day to forget for me - highlights included Golden Sword's jockey seeming to ease off (at each way) to allow Masterofthehorse to gubb him on ht eline (not each way!), and Mac Gillie Eion gunned downed in the last stride.

    Throw in close things from Kings Destiny, and Martyr, and sadly Crimson Fern breaking down and I could do with a couple of days off.

    ReplyDelete