Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday 16th June

2009 Challenge Fund (£12970)
Current stake - £120

Ascot.

2:30 – Gladitorius needs to be opposed really – until he shows his worth on turf. The milers are generally pretty poor, and at the prices I'd rather give Main Aim a chance to step up – my biggest fear isn't class or distance but whether he's a rest-pattern horse.

3:05 – Prefer the foreigners to Amour Propre to be honest. If there's a dark horse lurking it may be Spin Cycle and I'll play small each way.

3:45 – Delegator's stamina will be tested with pacemakers in here, Mastercraftsman is solid enough, but has to be opposed at the prices in these different conditions. Evasive appeals – hope he's ridden with a bit of sense though. Intense Focus worth a small saver.

4:20 – Incredibly open. I'll do a small dutch on Marsh Warbler and Treadwell (both green when winning impressively on debuts) and Alrasm (M Jarvis 2 yr old at Ascot – eyecatching, and broke track record last time out).

4:55 – Jumpers for me here – dutching Sesenta, Clopf and Fire and Rain maybe.

5:30 – Again, incredibly open 2 year old race. Little Scotland had a hopeless draw in the Hilary Needler and may be better than that. I'll chance it each way.

Something like:
Main Aim £120 at 9/2+
Evasive £120 at 5/1+
Spin Cycle £30ew at 40/1
£60 dutch Marsh Warbler/Treadwell/Alrasm
£60 dutch Sesenta/Clopf/Fire and Rain
£30 ew Little Scotland
£20 double Main Aim/Evasive
£10 trebles those two bankers with – Spin Cycle/Marsh Warbler/Fire and Rain/Little Scotland
Placepot




Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current fund £1215)


Oh dear. The time has come to close this fund. Overall it's made £580 profit, and I'm in danger of losing that pretty quickly if I keep chasing. It's been an interesting experiment though, and I intend to keep up with the barking bets, but amalgamated into the main fund above – where 1% bets won't make me rich, but will keep fund ticking over. At that level I should also find myself freed up to play more.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Hi Toots
    Gladiatorus has run on nothing else but turf but would love to know the real reason why Frankie does not ride it.I find it very hard to fancy Main Aim but hope I am wrong for your sake.
    Be lucky Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Billy - long time.

    Obviously, you can see how much homework I put into my study of Gladiatorus! If we're all being so xenophobic in our betting he could end up a great price, Frankie or not.

    ReplyDelete