Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Wednesday 3rd June

2009 Challenge Fund (£13030- £180 in play unaccounted)
Current stake - £120

Fantastic Prince at Ayr and Velvet Band at Nottingham are possible bets, but I can't get overly excited about either. I ended up backing Veroon yesterday and have re-invested the winnings on the Oaks/Derby as follows:

Oh Goodness Me £40 win at 16/1
Oh Goodness Me/Gan Amhras £30 to return £4000
Oh Goodness Me/Age of Aquarius £15 to return £6500
Oh Goodness Me/Golden Sword £15 to return £8500

(Last year we landed the first leg of the double, and were on for a five figure return on virtually every credible runner in the Derby. Bar the winner of course. I'll keep Bolger on side this year!)

Midweek gold madness:
Dougherty and (of course) Kevin Na £20ew double returning £45000ish



Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current fund £1645)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Good luck with Kevin,Toots! He got close last week but couldn't quite get in the mix.I had the same approach with Adam Scott 2 years ago and did well,but have had to give up on him at present until he returns to form. However,I now have a new "blindspot" and will be on Luke Donald and Nick Watney- although this could be the week that Tiger finally gets into top gear..... I am sure he would enjoy winning again at Jack's course!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same with Jeev Singh a couple of years back - worth it in the end - I was getting worried he might win last weekend, unbacked!

    Watney similar type. Gave up on Donald a long time ago!!

    ReplyDelete