Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday 17th June

2009 Challenge Fund (£12460)
Current stake - £120

Ascot.

God, I hope I do better today. Yesterday would have been a disaster in the old days. Instead it just stung a little! Still, a week of that would blow my profits for the year. Could be worse of course. This is the 2nd anniversary of the day we flooded!

2:30 – Trappy, trappy, trappy. Why not keep it simple (and prominent horses fared well yesterday), and keep the form men onside – Instalment each way.

3:05 – The front two are dutchable at 1.5 which seems fair.

3:45 – Much as I like Tartan Bearer, I'm of the mind that Monsieur Rouget is feeding his horses well (!), which gives him an edge at the prices here.

4:20 – Lovelace has excuses for last three runs and this should suit. Roaring Forte could also make a bold bid from the front up the far rail.

4:55 – That yankee 2 year old yesterday knew his stuff from the gate under a top jockey, and our babies are going to have to be good to peg him back from the 1 stall if the same happens again.

5:30 – Haggas is top of my trainer to follow list right now.

Something like:
Instalment £30 ew at 20/1
£120 dutch Heaven Sent and Lush Lashes
Never on a Sunday £90 at 4/1
Lovelace £20 ew at 20/1 first 5
Roaring Forte £50 at 9/1
Jealous Again £60 at 10/1
Damaniyat Girl £60 at 14/1
£30 double Haggas
Instalment/Jealous Again/Never on Sunday/Damaniyat Girl 4 x £10 trebles and £5 acc



Golf
Tiger Woods £100 at 2/1
Casey £25 ew at 25/1
Stenson £25 ew at 50/1
Curtis £20 ew at 100/1



.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:14 AM

    Stupidly,I have always had betting reservations about Tiger,but if the new driver continues to work I really think he will do a "Canford Cliffs". Good luck,Toots!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Great shout Jealous again toots-you had it spot on ....Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day today!

    Once I got it into my head that there was an old fashioned draw bias I was away - Hunt Cup - easy; Jealous AGain - double the stake, and land the exacta and trifecta, and exacta in the last .

    Only downside was my treble was running onto Good Again, instead of the other low drawn horses!

    Still, mustn't grumble!

    ReplyDelete