Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday 21st August

2009 Challenge Fund (£10000)
Current stake - £120

Shoot for the stars today with four complete rags, who have been in my stable at some points of the year. An end-of-an-era punt!

Gibb River – so disappointing, but is very close to the best horse here on ratings and speed and 33/1 is too long.

Palavicini – I like Forgotten Voice a lot and this is much more his grade. These 3 year olds are a good bunch though, and this one has always looked decent – hopefully the break has freshened him up at 14/1.

Equiano – me and Pricewise throwing darts here – but early season form looks good enough, track suits and he looked to be coming back to form last time when running on well after missing the break – 33/1 too big.

Snoqualmie Boy – not won since I first backed him, has no obvious chance, even if he does stay, but I'm sure there's a race in him, and who knows in this field of dodgepots. 45/1 upwards.

4 x £35 win singles
6 x £6 doubles
4 x £2.50ew trebles
1ew acc
– at which point I'll take my half a million and ....

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:13 PM

    Palavicini-- now that should cheer you up,Toots!! Congratulations!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allsvenskan this round looks fairly rightly priced, according to my model, but I have found a few interesting things.

    Today two of the best teams meet in Stockholm. AIK vs Kalmar FF is played this afternoon. It's going to be a close though game and the rain is pouring down. Looks like this is going to be a close, gritty game. My model agrees with me and I'm putting 3/10 units on the < 2,5 goal play @ 1,79. It's a good bet down to 1,60 at least.

    The other plays for the round are:
    Trelleborg (pk) - Halmstad @ 1,73 3/10 units
    Gefle (-0,5) - Hammarby @ 2,11 (1/10 units (it's close pricewise)
    Örgryte - Malmö FF (-0,5) @ 2,00
    Häcken (-0,5) - Brommapojkarna @ 1,85

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last two games are played with 3/10 units

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers John!

    Thanks JayDee.

    ReplyDelete