Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday 20th August

2009 Challenge Fund (£10070)
Current stake - £120

Thanks to the regulars for the kind words of support. I guess the bottom line is that being “good” is all very well for a part-time hobby providing extra income, but not enough for a viable living – that's how it's felt for too long now. And my wife needs a break.

Of course, 5 years sitting on my arse hasn't equipped me for much in the way of a new career! So I don't suppose you'll notice much difference on here. I'm not planning on giving up entirely and I'll play £200 a day whilst I ponder my next step, or until I get dragged kicking and screaming back into training/consultancy. I'd have thought a fair few of those bets will be of the barking variety.
Mike, I think I may well re-write that book in the meantime.

Today I'm going over the cliff yet again on Lovelace, who yet again has a bad draw. £120 win and throw a few quid at an ew double with another one I should have given up on by now Little Scotland, and get rich quick with a ridiculous ew treble adding Storyland.

I'll save the remaining £50ish for last minute madness.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog and hope that you continue on! Once the football seasons picks up and we have some stats to work when it comes to ratings and models.

    I don't know if you're instereted, but I'll start posting my Allsvenskan and English picks, if you'd like. I'm also going to give the Spanish league a shot this year. Also, I'm glancing towards Eredevise, which seems to be able to provide some good opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay Dee.

    Yes, please continue posting your tips - I've been following the Allsvenskan ones as best I can (we don't have much coverage of that over here!).

    As with Slippertytoad's All Weather tissues, I enjoy other peoples' input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Enjoyed reading your blog mate good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Fozy,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget Toots.. You are always welcome at my gaff. There are still a few races remaining before the season ends at Bath. We can always meet up again on the dog track at Wolverhampton?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, let's arrange a meet-up Mike.

    ReplyDelete