Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday 19th August

2009 Challenge Fund (£10270)
Current stake - £120

I seem to be right back where I started – hardly the consolidation I was aiming for this year.

My full-time gambling days look over (for now, at least). That said, what I'm actually going to do with the rest of my time is a bit of poser, so I'll continue chucking £200 a day around until I find my next direction!

York today.

2:15 Drill Sergeant £60 at 5/2+
3:25 Manyriverstocross £30 at 14/1
Hits Only Vic £30 at 20/1
4:40 Mo Mhurnin £40 at 11/1
2 x £10 trebles
and a Cumani dart £10ew his two horses at 14/1 and 50/1

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I can't believe you mean it,Toots.You are far too good to go back to work.
    Far be it from me to offer you advice,but I wonder if is worth starting a new "Barking Bets" section? I thought you did really well on that for quite a time and there must be some easy football/tennis bets about? For what it is worth,Pompey must be worth opposing at present.....famous last words!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you’ve reached a point where you are conducting some serious navel gazing.

    Your approach is sound; I know as I practice value betting the Tooting way everyday. It’s what’s going on between my ears that lets me down all too often.

    Maybe a complete break from racing would help, you could always write that book I’ve been nagging you about..

    Being a relative novice I can’t offer any advice especially when its your own hard cash on the line day in day out but it was you that inspired me to take my betting serious all those years ago, you still do!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:57 PM

    I have yet to find a better site ,and believe me i've checked a good few out-you have thrown a different light on things for me as you have a knack of finding the value, although at the prices your strike rate will reflect it -I know you dont suggest lays on here but I bet you could make a decent fist of it and if you are trying to post daily its obviously easier to find a loser and keep the fund ticking over-I'm sure you will make the right choice whatever it is best of luck -I will continue to look in daily fingers crossed your still here ....Jonah

    ReplyDelete