Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday 27th March

It's been a strange week for me. After Cheltenham's riches I seemed to take my eye off the "trading" ball, and only luck has saved me from seriously frittering away some hard work.

I'm busy this weekend and the break should allow me to refocus on the more mundane lifestyle of a trader.

As left-field bets go, this is up there. How about all the big three to lose today? Hardly likely I know, but the games look harder than the prices imply and none of them have been immune from dropping cheap points this season. You can get over 500/1 the treble.

As for the Lincoln, no idea as ever, and I'm determined to ditch heritage handicaps from my portfolio. Penitent does seem to skew the market a touch though and I'd rather have three or four running for me at the same price as he is - so my darts fall on horses on - Prime Exhibit, Mull of Killough and Tiger Reigns.



.

3 comments:

  1. [pocket talking = on]
    I'd say the decision of the jocks on the stands rail to come from their position across the track to the fair rail played into the hands of Penitent.. The pace was drawn high, if they would have stayed there the result would have been different as Penitent would have needed to blaze his own trail
    [pocket taking = off]

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd and 3rd in the Lincoln, ho hum.

    On the other hand 7-1 in the football!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Toad, didn't see your post until after mine.
    Didn't see the race, sounds like I should be disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete