Saturday, January 27, 2007

Racing - Saturday 27th

Don't forget I save 3pts for all races closer to the off (including those I've already played in early on), and play a mixture of my prices (late drifters), pressing up, legitimate faves and exotics. This is proving more successful this season than the early price bets, so don't rush in! I've given an idea of what may be on my mind for later.


Cheltenham 1:00
Wichita Lineman 6/4
Tidal Bay 5/2
Zilcash 13/2
Osana 20/1
Massinis Maguire 25/1
Michael Muck 25/1
Carlitos 25/1

There's a possibility Wichita Lineman is better on a flat track. If I was looking for a way into the race (and I'm not sure I am) I reckon it would be Zilcash ew getting all the weight. For now, no bet.


Cheltenham 1:35
Flying Enterprise 3/1
An Accordion 5/1
Character Building 6/1
Ofarel D'Airey 6/1
Yes Sir 12/1
Good Citizen 12/1
Nouveau Maire 16/1
Herecomesstanley 20/1

Flying enterprise has got 4 identical ratings from me as a novice chaser, which I only give to classier animals, and none of the others have got one. Should be favourite for me and although I usually avoid novice handicaps I'll bet here.

Flying Enterprise 4pts win at 10/3



Cheltenham 2:10
Black Jack Ketchum 8/11
Inglis Drever 7/2
Flight Leader 12/1
Blazing Bailey 20/1
Irish Wolf 33/1

I wouldn't ask anyone to oppose BJK. However, Inglis Drever gave me one of my best moments in racing when winning World Hurdle and I'm sentimental enough to give him one last hurrah at 5s, without recommending him here.


Cheltenham 2:45
Our Vic 3/1
Halcon Generladais 4/1
Exotic Dancer 9/2
Neptune Collonges 9/2
Caillain Alainn 6/1

Either of the front two could win this and throw down a legitimate Gold Cup challenge. At the prices though I prefer the next two. Exotic Dancer has done little wrong and a friend has been banging on about his King George performance for weeks. This could well be Neptune Collonges race of the year, and he has conditions to suit.

Exotic Dancer 4pts win at 6/1 guaranteed
Neptune Collonges 4pts win at 7/1


Cheltenham 3:20
Katchit 7/2
Goodbye Simon 11/2
Pauillac 11/2
Predateur 11/2
Mountain 11/2
Pancake 7/1

Cracking race. Here's my notes on Katchit: "Jumps, travels, stays, loves Cheltenham"! That said, there's a pack of chasers here. I could also see myself throwing a couple of points at Pancake.

Cheltenham 3:55
Roman Ark 6/1
Vodka Bleu 6/1
New Alco 6/1
Idole First 6/1
Knowhere 8/1
Le Volfini 8/1
Bold Bishop 8/1
Cousin Nicky 20/1

I think Pricewise got this one right when he said you could back 3 or 4 and still not come close. I took Roman Ark in the week, and will also take a potshot at Bold Bishop - who won here last year and was running on in the Sun Alliance. It's a chancy throw but the price allows it.

Bold Bishop 4pts at 18/1+


Southwell 1:15
Tidal Fury 5/4
Echo Point 6/4
Archie babe 9/1

Think the front two are closer in ability than their run against each other showed, and will take on the favourite here.

Echo Point 6pts win at 15/8


Southwell 1:50
Mr Prickle 3/1
Launde 4/1
Madison Du Berlais 4/1
Ease the Way 9/1
Ela Re 16/1

I'll be keeping Evan Williams' runners on-side here. Mr Prickle is also a legitimate favourite. That siad I'll back a different one early on.

Launde 4pts win at 5/1


Southwell 2:25
Rosses Point 3/1
Mon Mome 11/2
Ever Present 11/2
Sharp Belline 6/1
Simon 11/1
Ardaghey 14/1
nadover 14/1
Umbrella Man 16/1

Rosses Point worthy favourite (though longest with Corals). Ever Present made an impression on me at kelso and I'm on, though weak this morning. Simon is an old favourite I should have given up on by now!

Ever Present 5pts at 10/1+

1 comment:

  1. Couple of nice winners and a non runner. Good day

    ReplyDelete