Thursday, January 04, 2007

Weekend Football - FA Cup

I've used my ratings for the FA Cup ties, which could be an issue as I wouldn't be sure how well they translate across divisions. Luckily only three ties become bets.

Birmingham 5pts beat Newcastle at 7/4

Plymouth (away) 5pts beat Peterborough at 6/5

Preston 5pts beat Sunderland at 6/5

The latter may become our first "three star" bet, but I'll wait on team news and wonder why Ladbrokes are so out on a limb.

Two other matches nearly made it - Liverpool and Southend both to win - but I decided against it on balance.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Apparently Roy keane is very keen on Sunderland doing well in the FA cup and is determined they get something fron this tie particularly with 2 of their new signings likely to play so that's my team news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gal - the 6/5 is long gone now anyway so we'll have to wait for our first three star bet.

    Preston should still be odds on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sending-off in each of our three matches - 2 against us, one for, and the results went that way.

    Can't account for that.

    ReplyDelete