Friday, May 01, 2009

Friday 1st May


2009 Challenge Fund (£12120 - £200 in play unaccounted)

Current stake - £120

Hyades hardly drifted yesterday – wish I'd taken that 11/8 early doors now!

Tomorrow's football throws up all of those ridiculous odds. I'm still not playing, though I will do an accumulator just in case, focusing on the bottom of the third tier.

Racing. I made a note months ago to back Muirhead for the race today. The problem is Meade's form, and a few other horses! Still, the price somewhat compels me to give it a go.

Muirhead £60ew at 8/1 (quarter odds)


Bristol R beat Hartlepool
Millwall beat Carlisle
Leicester beat Crewe
MK Dons beat Hereford
£40 to win £2k





Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current fund £2215 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)


Made a big mistake yesterday – I've given myself the ritual kicking and it's now gone and forgotten so I won't comb through the ashes.

The price is truly horrid but does anyone seriously think the US golf is anything but over, with Woods and Mickelson so well set? 1.4

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:08 AM

    Toots- I think you are right about the golf. However,if you like stats- Tiger was 104th for driving accuracy and amazingly 78th for distance-but he only took 26 putts.It just sticks in my throat that the world's dominant player cannot drive!
    Going for a little bit of value Anthony Kim at 45/1 e/w. He can shoot very low and it seems a "birdie type" course. Good money after bad?

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim loves the course doesn't he?

    Woods ability to score low without hitting fairways is a bit silly isn't it..

    ReplyDelete