Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday 10th May

2009 Challenge Fund (£12875- £90 in play unaccounted)
Current stake - £120


Golf: Tiger really lurking now – see how brave Cejka is. Stenson and Na may yet grab a place (though I'm glad I wasn't watching Na implode last night John. It could have been the end of a beautiful relationship!).

Racing: Good day yesterday. We just missed out on the place part of the Ascot each way double, (Dane O'Neill rode a pretty poor race on Alnwick, my pocket thought) - and for a second there I thought Nezima was going to win the Victoria cup (90/1 on Betfair!).

The “Four-play” threw up two more winners (double-bubble), but I got the other two races wrong. I had correctly identified races where the front few were opposable. But I missed the winners. Beacon Lodge was a poor oversight for sure, but Royal Rock could only have been a bet with stable insight. Both were very heavily backed and my new word for this scenario is that I was “Veitched”.
No obvious bets today – hopefully I'll get back from my walk to watch the French Guineas and the Derrinstown.

Which leaves football.
Three derbies. Derbies are one of the selection criteria for the draw three-plays, but they haven't performed as well as some of the other criteria I use. Let's hope now's when they catch up!

I'll save the Newcastle stake in case we have a free throw via the treble.
Man Utd/Man City draw £35 to return £190
Arsenal/Chelsea draw £50 to return £160
Newcastle/Middlesburgh £50 to return £180
£15 treble to return £950






Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current fund £1800 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)


No bet yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Congratulations on Stenson,Toots!!!!
    50/1- what a price! Only thing I got right this week was the fact that you get bigger prices when Tiger is playing!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers John!

    Tiger's record here was a big clue this week wasn't it? You absolutely have to hit the fairways.

    And let's not forget the great Kevin Na!

    ReplyDelete