Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday 26th May

2009 Challenge Fund (£13380- £120 in play unaccounted)
Current stake - £120

Should have stayed in the garden and left Goodwood well alone yesterday.

Atacama Crossing maybe a bet later – otherwise another quiet day.



Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current fund £1615 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)

Oh dear – Phil Taylor lets me down finally. Can't grumble about that. However, I do need to tweak the modus operandi of this fund. I'm going to re-define a barking bet as any odds-on bet, not just those below about 1.5.

Since reverting to the old part-time approach in the above fund I haven't been betting on much in the Evens to 1.5 range, and with this fund struggling, now looks a good time for a re-jig. However, 10% bets would be too steep in that range so I will introduce variable staking to this fund as well – between 5% and 10% depending primarily on price.


.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:31 AM

    Toots- I see that the Sporting Life are tipping the great Kevin Na this week........
    Ross Fisher looks an interesting long term investment to make the Ryder Cup team- evens.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, they have wisdom beyond their years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my fund so much smaller than ideal I don't like tying money up in long-term bets much. You're right though - evens - looks more than fair. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete