Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Weekend football - 11th Feb

Let's hope for no silly stoppage time set-backs this week.

No theme to the bets, just following the ratings, and hardly a surprise to see Newcastle included away from home yet again. The Forest bet more of a surprise.


Aston Villa 5pts beat Newcastle at 6/5

Brighton 5pts beat Leicester at 11/8

Gillingham 5pts beat Tranmere at 5/4

Nottm Forest 5pts beat Swansea at 11/8


I know someone followed last week's recommendations with a lucky 15. Entirely up to you how you bet of course, but I wouldn't recommend that as sound practice even for a fun bet. I've always said if you must do that sort of bet just do the doubles and the accumulator.

However, to show I'm not a complete killjoy and don't even follow my own advice, I'll be doing a fun treble on three Premiership teams that are up against it, but the prices all seem a touch too long. I can't bring myself to back any of them in singles so why I'm even considering doing them in a treble is anyone's guess - but we're all allowed some mug-punting as long as we keep the stake proportionate!

1pt treble at 189/1
Wigan bt Liverpool
Portsmouth bt Man Utd
Sunderland bt Spurs

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Best of luck with the treble, gary.The lucky 15 is a pretty good idea..

    Ive made a note of your selections :-)

    Fingers and the rest crossed for a positive outcome...

    majid

    ReplyDelete
  2. apologies to majid! I did say a correction was due. That's my second totally blank weekend of the season, let's hope it's the last. Pitiful efforts by all teams as well.

    Made me regret having given up going to the Cottage of a Saturday - especially when the 6th went in - "come on you whites"!

    ReplyDelete