Friday, March 16, 2007

Cheltenham - Friday

With the losses of January and February well behind me after yesterday's happenings, I have a spring in my step for the last day of the festival. Need to be careful I don't fritter. Luckily I have the two main races well covered ante post.

2:00 Triumph
Lounaos 5/1
Katchit 6/1
Degas Art 10/1
Duty 10/1
Liberate 10/1
Punjabi 10/1
Mountain 11/1
Convincing 33/1
Counting House 33/1
lightning Strike 33/1
Poquelin 33/1

I have the front two nicely tucked away at double figures, and Degas Art and Liberate covered also. I even have a voucher on the winner having had his first start after Jan 1st which looks to cover most the rest. So no need to play this morning. The ground may be the making of Degas Art.


2:35 Brit Hurdle
Wichita Lineman 3/1
Flight Leader 9/2
Black harry 8/1
Hairy Molly 12/1
Chief dan George 25/1
Leading Run 25/1
Head Held High 33/1

I was going to have a real good thump against the favourite here unti the ground dried. Not that I have anything against him, just that I thought Flight Leader should be at least joint favourite. My enthusiasm is tempered slightly, but that run against Inglis Drever and Blazing Bailey doesn't look shabby this morning.

Flight Leader 5pts win at 13/2


3:15 Gold Cup
Kauto Star 2/1
Exotic dancer 4/1
State of Play 7/1
Forget the Past 20/1
Monkerhostin 25/1
My Will 25/1
Idle talk 33/1
Turpin Green 33/1
Cane Brake 50/1

I've been prepared to back Kauto Star at odds on all his races this year. He's the Roger Federer of chasing as far as I'm concerned. The problem is this looks like being his French Open. Track, trip, field-size all conspire to make this a real challenge for him. If I wasn't loaded up on some of the others I'd be really hoping for him to win anyway.

If you think he'll fall there's some juicy each way prices about some of the forgotten horses and plodders. Personally I have a pretty large ante post ew double running onto Exotic Dancer from Inglis Drever, and most the rest of the field well covered.


4:40 Grand Annual.
No prices. I read that Henderson thinks he's left Greenhope a bit short, which is a shame as I took him earlier in the week to repeat last year. I stillthink 20/1+ looks big.

5:20 County Hurdle
I can see why Pricewise is trying to fire his way out of trouble with Arcalis. I all but foresaw that last night and had a piece before the fancy prices went. 20/1 plus is still available though. Pedrobob and Papini at a big price are a couple of many I also like.

1 comment:

  1. ANother good day - Katchit at 12s, and Pedrobob at 16s more than paid the bills, and Exotic Dancer may not have landed the win double but it was the place element that was the reasoning behind the bet and that was very satisfying.

    Overall a terrific Cheltenham. The blog figures didn't get much out of it though, but hopefully the verbiage and prices helped.

    ReplyDelete